How to Have a Day Spa at Home
- 1). Set aside two to three hours of uninterrupted time to perform the day spa treatments. Wear comfortable and loose clothes for your special spa day.
- 2). Select one room in your home for the day spa services. This room should have a large comfortable chair for you to sit in and relax, and two small tables. Your goal is to create a sacred space for maximum relaxation and pampering.
- 3). Place your bouquet of flowers, food and beverages on one table. Put the towels, scented candles and beauty products on the other. Start the relaxation music and light your candles to set the proper mood for the beauty treatments.
- 4). Start with your pedicure first. Fill the foot tub with lukewarm water, mild scented soap or bath salts and rose petals. Place both feet into the tub and soak for a minimum of 15 minutes. Take the loofah and foot scrub and gently cleanse your feet. Dry with a towel and apply moisturizer to keep your feet smooth and soft.
- 5). Prepare for the facial by placing your hair away from your face in a ponytail holder or headband. Wash your face with warm water and towel dry. Apply a mask to begin the skincare treatment. Use toner, moisturizer and eye cream to complete the process.
- 6). Wash your hands thoroughly with warm soap and water to end your day spa services with a manicure. Begin with nail filing followed by the pushing back of cuticles. Complete the spa manicure by massaging hands with lotion or scented oils.
- 7). Apply toe separators to feet and paint your toes with nail polish. Apply two thin coats of polish to finish your manicure and complete the home day spa treatments.