How to Get Rid of Rapid AntiVirus from a Computer for Free
- 1). Tap the "Ctrl," "Alt" and "Del" keys at the same time. Click "Open Task Manager" if your computer is running Windows Vista.
- 2). Click the tab labeled "Processes." Click the process entry named "install_511_mhw0mxwwfhx8fhx8fhw_.exe" and then select "End Process."
- 3). Exit the Task Manager window. Access the Start menu and select the Search option. Type "install_511_mhw0mxwwfhx8fhx8fhw_.exe" and press "Enter."
- 4). Right-click the Rapid AntiVirus file that appears and select "Delete." Type "install_511_mhw0mxwwfhx8fhx8fhw_" into the search field. Right-click and delete the folder that appears in order to remove all of the files it contains.
- 5). Enter "rapid antivirus" into the search field. Right-click and delete the file that appears. Type "regedit" into the search field if you are running Windows Vista. Click the registry editor icon.
- 6). Navigate through the registry editor to the folder named "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion." Right-click and delete the value named "run ieupdate."
- 7). Return to the desktop and empty the recycle bin. Restart your computer's operating system to get rid of Rapid AntiVirus for free.