Procrastinate and Fail...
"Procrastination is opportunity's natural assassin.97% of people who get involved in Network Marketing fail and one of the primary reasons I see for this is Procrastination! We all do it from time to time and for most of us that's ok, we recognise it and get on with the job in hand.
" -Victor Kiam
For others it can be the single biggest problem that stops them succeeding.
Procrastination is both a habit and a choice and is perhaps best defined as choices that create needless delays and undermine our goals.
When Carleton University in Canada did an online survey they received almost 3,000 replies to the question "To what extent is procrastination having a negative impact on your happiness?" 46% said said "quite a bit" or "very much" and 18% said it had an "extreme negative effect".
You know yourself better than anyone else so are you a procrastinator? Do you avoid doing what you know needs to be done because
- You fear failure (or success!!!)
- You dislike being out of your comfort zone
- You'd rather blame a lack of time than your ability
- You enjoy the 'stress' of tight deadlines
- You doubt yourself
- You want everything to be perfect before you finish
- You're worried about people not liking what you do
- You just can't get started
The only way to deal with procrastination is Just Get Started.
I know that's a a lot easier said than done, I used to be a procrastinator.
Here's the list that originally got me on track and broke this destructive habit.
- Write down a list of everything you have put off.
- Divide big projects into little chunks you can tackle easily.
- Set a date you need to have them completed by.
- Decide what needs to be done first and do it!
- Focus on that one part without allowing yourself to get distracted.
- Remind yourself WHY you are doing this task in the first place.
- Remind yourself of your motivation and goals.
- If a task looks particularly daunting schedule plenty of clear time for it.
- Enlist the help of a mentor or support group
- Reward yourself and celebrate progress.
- Keep going.
Like any other life changing goal it will be difficult at times but persevere - you're worth it.
"Do the hard jobs first.Not sure how to start? Go to http://simpleology.
The easy jobs will take care of themselves.
com/ and open a free account.