How to Recover Hotmail With an Alternate Hotmail
- 1). Go to "login.live.com."
- 2). Click on "Forgot your password?' under the Password text field.
- 3). Check the box next to "I forgot my password."
- 4). Click on "Reset your password" under the box you just checked.
- 5). Type in your Windows Live ID, also known as your email address, into the text box provided.
- 6). Type the six characters displayed in the "Characters:" text box to prove that you are an actual person and not a computer program.
- 7). Click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the screen.
- 8). Click on "Email me a reset link." The link will be sent to your alternate Hotmail account, as well as any other email addresses you have linked to this account.
- 9). Click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the screen.
Go back to "login.live.com."
Type your Windows Live ID and password for your alternate Hotmail account into the fields provided.
Click on the "Sign In" button at the bottom of the Sign In box.
Click on the password reset email sent to you from Hotmail.
Click on the reset link in the email.
Type in a new password in the boxes provided.
Click the "Reset" button at the bottom of the screen.