How to Remove a Grease Stain on Silk With Corn Starch & an Iron
- 1). Lay the silk fabric out flat on a smooth, level surface. Sprinkle cornstarch over the grease stain and wait 20 minutes.
- 2). Brush the cornstarch gently off the silk with a soft cloth and into a trashcan. Continue with the remaining steps if the grease stain remains.
- 3). Preheat an iron on medium heat for several minutes. Cover a flat surface -- such as a table or ironing board -- with a white towel. Lay the silk fabric on the towel with the grease stain facing up to the ceiling.
- 4). Cover the lingering grease stain with a thick layer of powdered French chalk. Cover the powdered French chalk with blotting paper. Rub the preheated iron over the blotting paper for several seconds. Do not let the iron plat touch the silk.
- 5). Examine the soil fabric. Repeat Step 4 if the grease stain remains.